Atlantic City's Revel to close poker room
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Atlantic City's Revel Casino-Hotel is folding its poker room next month.
The Press of Atlantic City reports the casino said in a statement the decision to close was made in an effort to further improve its overall operating performance.
However, Revel says it might offer poker again once Internet gambling is launched in New Jersey.
State figures show Revel placed second to last in June poker revenue out of the nine casinos offering the game.
Revel reported the first week in July was the first time in its history that it had a profitable week.
Revel has been struggling financially since it opened in April 2012. It filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this year and emerged in May with less debt and a new management team.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.), http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
atlantic city news, atlantic county news, new jersey news, casinos, gambling, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 32 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 41 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 59 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos