3 arrested after fatal Carneys Point shooting
CARNEYS POINT, N.J. - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three men have been arrested following a fatal shooting outside a bar in Carneys Point, New Jersey.
The shooting happened at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday outside Sullivan's Tavern on South Pennsville Auburn Road.
Police say the victim has been identified as 19-year-old Cecil Bond IV of Middletown, Delaware.
According to investigators Bond and an accomplice, 22-year-old Matthew Beckford of Newark, Delaware, travelled to Carneys Point to illegally buy prescription medication.
The alleged sellers of that medication were 49-year-old James Trotman of Warwick, Maryland and 40-year-old Charles Foster of Eastampton, New Jersey.
The four met and, police say, Bond and Beckford tried to rob the other men at gunpoint.
There was a struggle and then, police say, Trotman shot Bond in the head.
Bond was taken to the hospital where he later died.
Trotman was charged with murder, and Foster was charged with drug-related offenses.
Beckford was charged with robbery and possession of a firearm.
new jersey news, salem county news, shooting, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 17 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion 49 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos