$3M grant supports 2 Philadelphia elementary schools
PHILADELPHIA - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia elementary schools will split $3 million to boost academic programs.
The grant is part of the Philadelphia School Partnership's Great Schools Fund.
The money will support teacher training and curriculum development at William D. Kelly School in Brewerytown and James G. Blaine School in Strawberry Mansion.
Enrollment at each school will expand by 50 percent this fall due to the closings of nearby schools.
philadelphia, school, philadelphia school district, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice 44 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds 36 min ago
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants 34 min ago
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn 54 min ago
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 33 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
25 min ago