Officer injured in accident on Passyunk Avenue Bridge
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer was hospitalized after her cruiser was rear-ended by a van in Southwest Philadelphia Thursday.
The accident happened shortly after noon on the Passyunk Avenue Bridge.
The officer was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 16 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 22 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
34 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
16 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos