Officer injured in accident on Passyunk Avenue Bridge
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer was hospitalized after her cruiser was rear-ended by a van in Southwest Philadelphia Thursday.
The accident happened shortly after noon on the Passyunk Avenue Bridge.
The officer was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 45 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 33 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 9 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 46 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos