Abandoned home collapses in Trenton, 1 injured
TRENTON, N.J. - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was injured when an abandoned home collapsed in Trenton on Thursday morning.
It happened at 10:45 a.m. in the 500 block of East State Street.
Police say the man who was injured was inside the home when part of it came down.
The injured man suffered severe head trauma and was transported to Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton.
His condition is not yet know.
Investigators say they don't know why the man was inside the dilapidated structure.
While the exact cause of the collapse is not yet known, investigators said that years of neglect combined with the rainfall could have been contributing factors.
new jersey news, trenton, collapse, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 43 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
43 min ago