Suspects sought in Northeast Philadelphia home invasion
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - August 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police chased four men early Friday morning who fled from the scene of a home invasion in Northeast Philadelphia.
One man is in custody, but the search is on for three more.
Detectives recovered a loaded .45 caliber handgun in the backyard of a child daycare center. They are sure it was one of the weapons used in the overnight home invasion on the 5300 block of Large Street.
Police say it was around 3:30 a.m. when four men in hoodies broke into the corner row house and made off with computers, cash, guns and cameras.
The suspects at first took off in a car, which was found abandoned a few blocks away with another gun left behind.
The police made one arrest as the suspects fled on foot. He is being questioned at this hour.
Neighbors say the victims, a family of three including a child, moved into the house from West Philadelphia just a couple of months ago.
The father, Manny, told Action News that no one in his family was harmed.
Police were able to respond quickly to the crime scene because Manny fled to a fast food restaurant and few blocks away and called 911 to report the crime in progress.
In the meantime, neighbors here in Oxford Circle are shaken up.
Arlene Montalvo tells Action News, "I never seen this before. No home invasion. I live right around the corner. I just think... I'm very, very in shock."
Melvin Raymond reacted to news of the home invasion, saying, "I think it's sad, you know. Because we have families around here, and God forbid if somebody run up in my house. There's going to be consequences, that's all I got to say."
Investigators are now encouraging the man in custody to help himself by giving up the names of his co-conspirators.
home invasion, robbery, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 54 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 16 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 34 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 50 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
54 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
16 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
34 min ago