Pa. man faces charges in father's fatal stabbing
HANOVER, Pa. (AP) - August 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in York County say a man has been arrested in the fatal stabbing of his father.
The York County coroner's office says 62-year-old Steven Schaffer was pronounced dead at his home in Hanover on Thursday night. Police say his son, 32-year-old Scott Anthony Schaffer, was arrested shortly after officers arrived at the scene.
Police say they were responding to a 911 call from a man who said he had killed his father. Authorities say they found Scott Schaffer on the porch when they arrived, with blood on his hands and clothing and in possession of a knife.
Authorities say Scott Schaffer is in custody and will face murder charges. A telephone listing for him couldn't be found and it wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
homicide, stabbing, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos