Monroe Twp. Little League team gets $12,000 in donations
MONROE TWP., N.J. - August 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A little league team in New Jersey now has the funds to head to their regional tournament.
Action News reported on the 9 and 10-year-old team from Monroe Township last week.
For the first time in league history, they won the state championship. However they didn't have the money to go to the next round in Rhode Island this weekend.
Since the story aired on the news, the team's manager says donations started pouring in.
The team was able to raise about $12,000 in a week.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, local/state
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 38 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 13 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 34 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
38 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
13 min ago