Monroe Twp. Little League team gets $12,000 in donations
MONROE TWP., N.J. - August 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A little league team in New Jersey now has the funds to head to their regional tournament.
Action News reported on the 9 and 10-year-old team from Monroe Township last week.
For the first time in league history, they won the state championship. However they didn't have the money to go to the next round in Rhode Island this weekend.
Since the story aired on the news, the team's manager says donations started pouring in.
The team was able to raise about $12,000 in a week.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 20 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
6 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
26 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
19 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos