I-76 EB on ramp reopens after crash near Montgomery Ave. in Fairmount Park
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver was trapped in a vehicle after a crash Saturday morning on the on ramp to the Schuylkill Expressway eastbound in Fairmount Park.
The crash occurred just before 6:00 a.m. when the driver exited I-76 onto Montgomery Avenue.
Police say a 27-year-old man lost control and rolled his car several times before stopping.
He was trapped and had to be extricated from the wreckage.
He was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Police had to close the area to investigate, but the accident is now cleared and the on ramp has reopened.
accident, fairmount park, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 59 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 16 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 51 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 42 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
59 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
51 min ago