I-76 EB on ramp reopens after crash near Montgomery Ave. in Fairmount Park
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver was trapped in a vehicle after a crash Saturday morning on the on ramp to the Schuylkill Expressway eastbound in Fairmount Park.
The crash occurred just before 6:00 a.m. when the driver exited I-76 onto Montgomery Avenue.
Police say a 27-year-old man lost control and rolled his car several times before stopping.
He was trapped and had to be extricated from the wreckage.
He was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Police had to close the area to investigate, but the accident is now cleared and the on ramp has reopened.
accident, fairmount park, philadelphia, local/state
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Boy dies from drowning in Mayfair 1 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 30 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos