Police discovery leads to marijuana bust in Feltonville
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they inadvertently busted a marijuana growing operation in the city's Feltonville section Friday night.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. along the100 block of Tiber Street.
Officers were chasing down a man suspected of being involved in drugs when they stumbled upon the marijuana in the backyard of a home.
They say the garden had plants that were 6 feet tall and a street value of more than $10,000.
Two adults were taken into custody and police are awaiting a search warrant as they continue to investigate.
feltonville, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 14 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 7 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act