Police discovery leads to marijuana bust in Feltonville
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they inadvertently busted a marijuana growing operation in the city's Feltonville section Friday night.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. along the100 block of Tiber Street.
Officers were chasing down a man suspected of being involved in drugs when they stumbled upon the marijuana in the backyard of a home.
They say the garden had plants that were 6 feet tall and a street value of more than $10,000.
Two adults were taken into custody and police are awaiting a search warrant as they continue to investigate.
feltonville, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
59 min ago