Police discovery leads to marijuana bust in Feltonville
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they inadvertently busted a marijuana growing operation in the city's Feltonville section Friday night.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. along the100 block of Tiber Street.
Officers were chasing down a man suspected of being involved in drugs when they stumbled upon the marijuana in the backyard of a home.
They say the garden had plants that were 6 feet tall and a street value of more than $10,000.
Two adults were taken into custody and police are awaiting a search warrant as they continue to investigate.
feltonville, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 23 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted