Police discovery leads to marijuana bust in Feltonville
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they inadvertently busted a marijuana growing operation in the city's Feltonville section Friday night.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. along the100 block of Tiber Street.
Officers were chasing down a man suspected of being involved in drugs when they stumbled upon the marijuana in the backyard of a home.
They say the garden had plants that were 6 feet tall and a street value of more than $10,000.
Two adults were taken into custody and police are awaiting a search warrant as they continue to investigate.
feltonville, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish