Police discovery leads to marijuana bust in Feltonville
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they inadvertently busted a marijuana growing operation in the city's Feltonville section Friday night.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. along the100 block of Tiber Street.
Officers were chasing down a man suspected of being involved in drugs when they stumbled upon the marijuana in the backyard of a home.
They say the garden had plants that were 6 feet tall and a street value of more than $10,000.
Two adults were taken into custody and police are awaiting a search warrant as they continue to investigate.
feltonville, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 51 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 27 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 24 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 30 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 6 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
17 min ago
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos