Man steals beef jerky, iPad near Allentown, police say
OREFIELD, Pa. (AP) - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an alleged thief apparently had a real taste for beef jerky.
State Police report that 22-year-old Andrew M. Wieder was arrested Friday for allegedly stealing a credit card, $200 in cash, and two bags of beef jerky from a car parked in a garage in Orefield. That's just outside Allentown.
Wieder then allegedly used the credit card to purchase more beef jerky at a convenience store, as well as an iPad at a Wal-Mart. The alleged thefts took place in May.
Wieder is facing burglary, forgery and theft charges. He was released on $10,000 bond and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 9.
No attorney was listed on court papers and Wieder couldn't be reached for comment.
pennsylvania news, lehigh county news, theft, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos