Man steals motorcycle in Philadelphia, crashes in Wilmington, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a suspect allegedly stole a motorcycle in Philadelphia, drove off with the owner in pursuit, then crashed in Delaware.
It all started Saturday afternoon in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say the owner had his motorcycle for sale and was showing an interested buyer.
Both men went to a gas station on Island Avenue for the interested buyer to go for a test drive.
That's when police say the interested buyer sped off on the bike towards I-95. The owner soon followed.
Police say the suspect attempted to exit I-95 near Delaware Avenue in Wilmington but was unable to make the turn.
The suspect crashed and attempted to flee on foot. Police caught up to him a few blocks away and he was taken into custody.
Charges are pending and Delaware State Police continue to investigate the incident.
philadelphia, delaware news, wilmington, theft, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 55 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 1 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
55 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
1 min ago