Man steals motorcycle in Philadelphia, crashes in Wilmington, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a suspect allegedly stole a motorcycle in Philadelphia, drove off with the owner in pursuit, then crashed in Delaware.
It all started Saturday afternoon in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say the owner had his motorcycle for sale and was showing an interested buyer.
Both men went to a gas station on Island Avenue for the interested buyer to go for a test drive.
That's when police say the interested buyer sped off on the bike towards I-95. The owner soon followed.
Police say the suspect attempted to exit I-95 near Delaware Avenue in Wilmington but was unable to make the turn.
The suspect crashed and attempted to flee on foot. Police caught up to him a few blocks away and he was taken into custody.
Charges are pending and Delaware State Police continue to investigate the incident.
philadelphia, delaware news, wilmington, theft, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands