Man steals motorcycle in Philadelphia, crashes in Wilmington, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a suspect allegedly stole a motorcycle in Philadelphia, drove off with the owner in pursuit, then crashed in Delaware.
It all started Saturday afternoon in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say the owner had his motorcycle for sale and was showing an interested buyer.
Both men went to a gas station on Island Avenue for the interested buyer to go for a test drive.
That's when police say the interested buyer sped off on the bike towards I-95. The owner soon followed.
Police say the suspect attempted to exit I-95 near Delaware Avenue in Wilmington but was unable to make the turn.
The suspect crashed and attempted to flee on foot. Police caught up to him a few blocks away and he was taken into custody.
Charges are pending and Delaware State Police continue to investigate the incident.
philadelphia, delaware news, wilmington, theft, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 12 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 9 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 51 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ