NJ woman finishes swim across Delaware Bay
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey woman has completed her 13.1 mile swim across the Delaware Bay.
Meghan Wren began her swim Saturday morning on the Delaware side of the bay.
Supporters announced on Facebook and Twitter that Wren reached the New Jersey side Saturday afternoon.
The 48-year-old has said she was swimming to draw attention to the communities that were hurt by last year's Superstorm Sandy as well as the future of the bay.
delaware news, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 24 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 53 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 45 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 9 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
9 min ago