Minor electrical fire at Independence Hall
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Fire Department says there was a minor electrical fire in the basement of Independence Hall, and it's been extinguished.
A receptionist at the national historic site says Saturday afternoon that it was open as usual, with no disruptions.
Independence Hall dates to 1753, and is where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were adopted.
philadelphia, independence mall, fire, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose