Minor electrical fire at Independence Hall
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Fire Department says there was a minor electrical fire in the basement of Independence Hall, and it's been extinguished.
A receptionist at the national historic site says Saturday afternoon that it was open as usual, with no disruptions.
Independence Hall dates to 1753, and is where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were adopted.
philadelphia, independence mall, fire, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 14 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 38 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 22 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 13 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 10 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 39 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
38 min ago