Female body pulled from river in Delaware City
DELAWARE CITY, Del. - August 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police pulled a body from the Delaware River at Delaware City on Monday morning.
Officers were called around 6:30 a.m. after the body was discovered by a crabber south of Pea Patch Island.
The Delaware City Fire Department brought the body to shore for the Delaware State Police.
At this point, police are only saying the body is that of a female, with no description of the person's age or race.
The body has been turned over to the medical examiner for an autopsy.
delaware news, new castle county news, body found, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 18 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 19 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos