White powder forces evacuations at Northeast Philadelphia correctional facility
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - August 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials responded to reports of a white powdery substance found in a Northeast Philadelphia correctional facility late Monday morning.
Around 11:30 a.m. Monday officials were notified of a type of powdery substance in the mailroom at the Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility on the 8200 block of State Road.
Two workers who came in contact with the substance were quarantined.
20 people were evacuated.
The fire department and hazmat crews were called in.
The incident was cleared by the afternoon and the powder was determined not to be a hazardous substance.
philadelphia, hazmat, local/state
- Big fire burning beach homes in Sea Isle City 2 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City 14 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 9 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
7 min ago