Police officers hurt after cruiser crashes in Strawberry Mansion
PHILADELPHIA - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured after their cruiser crashed in Strawberry Mansion early Tuesday morning.
The accident occurred around 1:30 a.m. on Ridge Avenue near York Street.
Authorities say the officers were on routine patrol when they struck a large pothole that sent them into a construction gate and large pile of wood.
The construction site is part of the new SEPTA station being built at that location.
Both officers suffered minor injuries and were taken to Temple University Hospital for treatment.
They are listed in stable condition.
accident, police, strawberry mansion, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 12 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 8 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 10 min ago
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 6 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures