Police officers hurt after cruiser crashes in Strawberry Mansion
PHILADELPHIA - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were injured after their cruiser crashed in Strawberry Mansion early Tuesday morning.
The accident occurred around 1:30 a.m. on Ridge Avenue near York Street.
Authorities say the officers were on routine patrol when they struck a large pothole that sent them into a construction gate and large pile of wood.
The construction site is part of the new SEPTA station being built at that location.
Both officers suffered minor injuries and were taken to Temple University Hospital for treatment.
They are listed in stable condition.
accident, police, strawberry mansion, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash