1 dead, 1 critical in Northeast Philadelphia shooting
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a young woman is dead and a man is critical after a shooting in Northeast Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The shooting happened just before 2:00 a.m. inside a house located on the 2800 block of Sebring Road.
Police say it may have been a scuffle inside the house that left a 23-year-old man shot in the stomach and a young woman in her late teens shot in the head while sitting on the sofa.
The man was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The young woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are interviewing several people that were in the home at the time of the incident.
So far, there is no word on any arrests.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 7 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
7 min ago