36-year-old man shot dead in Kensington
PHILADELPHIA - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 36-year-old man was shot dead in the city's Kensington section late Monday night.
The shooting occurred around 11:00 p.m. at the intersection of G and Allegheny Avenue.
A suspect opened fire with a semi-automatic weapon, striking the victim along with several parked cars and two houses, police say.
The victim collapsed in the middle of Allegheny Avenue and was pronounced dead at the scene.
So far, no arrest has been made but police say there are plenty of private surveillance cameras in the area.
homicide, shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish