36-year-old man shot dead in Kensington
PHILADELPHIA - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 36-year-old man was shot dead in the city's Kensington section late Monday night.
The shooting occurred around 11:00 p.m. at the intersection of G and Allegheny Avenue.
A suspect opened fire with a semi-automatic weapon, striking the victim along with several parked cars and two houses, police say.
The victim collapsed in the middle of Allegheny Avenue and was pronounced dead at the scene.
So far, no arrest has been made but police say there are plenty of private surveillance cameras in the area.
homicide, shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ