Man killed near West Philadelphia basketball court
WEST PHILADELPHIA - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 33-year-old man was shot and killed near a West Philadelphia basketball court late Monday night, police say.
The incident happened around 11:00 p.m. on the 500 block of North Creighton Street near Westminister Avenue.
Police say the victim was shot in the head with a semi-automatic weapon while sitting on a bench near the court.
The victim was taken by private car to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A total of 11 shell casings were found at the scene.
There is no word on any arrests or a motive.
homicide, shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run