Police: 2 steal wallet from woman in Manayunk, charge over $2,000
MANAYUNK - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects wanted for fraud in Manayunk.
The incident happened at 8:00 p.m. on July 3rd at The Spiral Book store at 110 Cotton Street.
Police say a 35-year-old woman was inside the store when a male and female took her wallet from her purse containing numerous credit cards, debit cards, business cards and identification.
A short time later the victim was contacted and informed that her cards were used at a K-Mart store in Philadelphia to purchase items totaling $2107.99.
While reviewing surveillance video obtained from the K-Mart, the victim immediately recognized the suspects from being in the bookstore with her.
Police describe the suspects as a black male, 30 to40 years-of-age, stocky build, wearing a white polo shirt, blue jeans and a multicolored baseball hat and a black female, 30 to 40 years-of-age, stocky build, wearing a dark colored baseball hat, multicolored shirt and blue jeans.
Police released the surveillance video on their YouTube page.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, manayunk, theft, fraud, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ