Police: 2 steal wallet from woman in Manayunk, charge over $2,000
MANAYUNK - August 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects wanted for fraud in Manayunk.
The incident happened at 8:00 p.m. on July 3rd at The Spiral Book store at 110 Cotton Street.
Police say a 35-year-old woman was inside the store when a male and female took her wallet from her purse containing numerous credit cards, debit cards, business cards and identification.
A short time later the victim was contacted and informed that her cards were used at a K-Mart store in Philadelphia to purchase items totaling $2107.99.
While reviewing surveillance video obtained from the K-Mart, the victim immediately recognized the suspects from being in the bookstore with her.
Police describe the suspects as a black male, 30 to40 years-of-age, stocky build, wearing a white polo shirt, blue jeans and a multicolored baseball hat and a black female, 30 to 40 years-of-age, stocky build, wearing a dark colored baseball hat, multicolored shirt and blue jeans.
Police released the surveillance video on their YouTube page.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, manayunk, theft, fraud, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!