SPCA takes 20 live cats, 25 dead from Bethlehem, Pa. home
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - August 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has seized more than 20 live cats from an eastern Pennsylvania home and taken 25 dead cats from a freezer.
SPCA spokeswoman Wendy Marano says the owner surrendered the animals, which will receive veterinary care. The (Easton) Express-Times reports officials say about 50 to 60 cats remain at the home in Bethlehem.
Marano says the woman said she couldn't afford to take care of all the cats, which were seized Thursday. Efforts by the newspaper to contact the home's owner weren't immediately successful.
Marano says the home was unsanitary for the animals and that two of the cats had to have surgery. The cats taken will be put up for adoption once they are healthy.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
lehigh county news, bethlehem news, pennsylvania news, spca, animal abuse, animal rescue, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 2 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 21 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos