Egg Harbor Twp. fire station blaze, boat fire ruled as arson
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - August 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a blaze at a fire station and a second blaze at a home in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, which they say were intentionally set.
It was 7:13 p.m. Monday when police and other fire companies responded to the Cardiff Volunteer Fire Company Station 1, located in the Cardiff section of Egg Harbor Township.
Arriving fire crews quickly extinguished the fire and determined it had been intentionally set.
None of the fire apparatus housed in the station were damaged in the fire.
Police say a possible suspect was seen fleeing from the area before the fire was discovered. The suspect is described as a white or Hispanic male in his late teens or early twenties, standing 5' 10", with a heavy build, and wearing a red shirt and red shorts and riding a bike.
Then at 10:18 p.m. a second arson was reported at a residence on Old Zion Road, in the Bargaintown section of the township. A homeowner at that location discovered a boat on a trailer next to a detached garage was set on fire.
Investigators are asking anyone with any information regarding these incidents to contact the Egg Harbor Township Criminal Investigation Bureau at 926-4051. They can also Contact Atlantic County Crime Stoppers at 652-1234 or 1-800-658-8477 (TIPS). Crime Stoppers offers cash rewards for information leading to arrests and indictments in Atlantic County.
atlantic county news, new jersey news, arson, fire, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 59 min ago
- Temps Soar 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 19 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
18 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
19 min ago