U.S. Airways jet cleared at Philadelphia International Airport after threat
PHILADELPHIA - August 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A U.S. Airways flight from Ireland was searched by police at Philadelphia International Airport on Wednesday after a bomb threat.
The threat was called in around 12:45 p.m. against Flight 777 from Shannon, Ireland.
The U.S. Airways jet landed shortly before 2:00 p.m. and was taken to a secure area to be searched.
The FBI, TSA and Philadelphia police searched the jet and eventually cleared the plane around 3:00 p.m.
In a statement, U.S. Airways said there were 171 passengers and eight crew members onboard the plane, a Boeing 757.
Everyone got off the plane safely, U.S. Airways said.
Philadelphia was the plane's intended destination.
Action News video showed the plane just after it landed as it was followed by a number of fire trucks.
After it stopped, the view from Chopper 6 HD showed some people coming down a walkway from the plane, which had a number of police vehicles nearby with lights flashing.
Operations at Philadelphia International Airport have returned to normal.
philadelphia, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 58 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 30 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 3 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 50 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 58 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 58 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Brush fire destroys 25 acres in Burlington Co. 35 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
58 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
3 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
58 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
50 min ago