Double shooting leaves man and woman hurt in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man and a woman were shot and injured in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shootings occurred just past 1:00 a.m. on the 2800 block of North 20th Street.
A 19-year-old man was shot in the chest and a 36-year-old woman was shot while talking to the man. She was shot in the hip and stomach.
Both victims were taken to Temple University Hospital. The man is in critical condition and the woman is listed as stable.
Authorities say the woman was a neighbor and innocent bystander, hit by stray bullets.
Police are investigating.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 35 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 21 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 23 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 33 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 24 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 26 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 13 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 32 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 34 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
26 min ago