Double shooting leaves man and woman hurt in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man and a woman were shot and injured in North Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shootings occurred just past 1:00 a.m. on the 2800 block of North 20th Street.
A 19-year-old man was shot in the chest and a 36-year-old woman was shot while talking to the man. She was shot in the hip and stomach.
Both victims were taken to Temple University Hospital. The man is in critical condition and the woman is listed as stable.
Authorities say the woman was a neighbor and innocent bystander, hit by stray bullets.
Police are investigating.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 50 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade