Woman's body discovered in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a body Thursday morning in Wilmington, Delaware.
The body was discovered by a passerby at 7:28 a.m. in a lot in the 600 block of East 14th Street.
Authorities identified the victim as Janeal Jones.
Police say a preliminary investigation suggests that Jones was stabbed. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.
An autopsy is set to be conducted by the Chief Medical Examiner's Office to determine the cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
wilmington, delaware news, body found, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos