Woman's body discovered in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a body Thursday morning in Wilmington, Delaware.
The body was discovered by a passerby at 7:28 a.m. in a lot in the 600 block of East 14th Street.
Authorities identified the victim as Janeal Jones.
Police say a preliminary investigation suggests that Jones was stabbed. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.
An autopsy is set to be conducted by the Chief Medical Examiner's Office to determine the cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
wilmington, delaware news, body found, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 56 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Brisk And Cold
5 min ago