Man critically injured in 4-truck crash on New Jersey Turnpike
HAMILTON, N.J. - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 61-year-old New York man is in critical condition after a four-truck crash on the New Jersey Turnpike.
The Times of Trenton reports the accident happened around 1 p.m. Thursday after a pickup truck stopped because of a flat tire. A tractor-trailer with a storage container on its chassis stopped behind the pickup and was hit by a third truck, which knocked the container off. Another truck then hit the container.
Two occupants of the third truck, William Connelly of Centereach, N.Y., and his son, 17-year-old Ryan Connelly, of Smithtown, N.Y., have been hospitalized. The father suffered critical head wounds. The son is in stable condition with head and leg lacerations.
State police say two other truck drivers, 27-year-old Darryl Marshall of Iowa and 50-year-old Jose Fonseca of Rhode Island, suffered minor injuries.
Information from: The (Trenton, N.J.) Times, http://www.nj.com/times
mercer county news, new jersey news, new jersey turnpike, accident, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 50 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 51 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 54 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 10 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
53 min ago