Police: Man found passed-out in Allentown drive-thru
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Allentown say they arrested a man found passed out in his running car at the drive-thru of a fast-food restaurant, with a $5 bill in his hand and a handgun on the seat.
The (Easton) Express-Times reports officers responded to the Wendy's on Thursday and found the man in the running car. Police say they unlocked the car, took the gun, put the vehicle in park and turned it off.
Investigators say that when 34-year-old Timothy Brightman woke up, he tried several times to put the car in drive and turn it on. Authorities arrested him on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Police say he's wanted in an alleged assault. He was held on $10,000 bail and it wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
allentown, lehigh county news, pennsylvania news, DUI, guns, assault, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 51 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 43 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 47 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 36 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
38 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
56 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
53 min ago