Arrest made in Northeast Philadelphia double homicide
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- An arrest has been made in a double homicide in Northeast Philadelphia.
Darren Williams, 24, of the 800 block of Anchor Street, was charged for the killings that happened in the early morning hours of August 6th.
Police say they were called for a report of a person with a gun in the 2800 block of Sebring Road at 1:38 a.m. Tuesday.
On arrival, officers say they found two people who were shot with a shotgun.
Lauren Fenningham, 18, of the 3400 block of Princeton Avenue, had been shot in the head and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sean Neal, 24, of the 2800 block of Sebring Road, was shot in the abdomen and was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead at 5:18 p.m. that day.
Police say Williams was soon identified as a suspect and was arrested at his home on Thursday without incident.
Williams is charged with two counts of murder.
Investigators say they do not yet know a motive for this crime.
shooting, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ