2nd arrest in 2012 killing of SEPTA worker
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A second arrest has been made in the 2012 killing of a SEPTA worker outside his home in Southwest Philadelphia.
Miguel Gonzalez, 38, of the 2500 block of Lee Street, was taken into custody by the FBI Task Force in Honduras on Thursday.
He has been brought back to Philadelphia and has been turned over to the Homicide Unit. He has been charged with murder.
The victim, 52-year-old Aaron Hayes of the 7100 block of Elmwood Avenue, was shot as he was leaving for work shortly before 5:00 a.m. on May 31, 2012.
Hayes was a trolley operator and neighbors earlier told Action News he had been getting ready to retire.
On July 19, 2012, 56-year-old Desiree Hicks, also of the 7100 block of Elmwood Avenue, was arrested and charged with murder.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, homicide, shooting, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos