Police resume search for missing 7-month-old Hamza Ali
UPPER DARBY - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they've found some forensic evidence as they search for a 7-month-old boy kidnapped from a Philadelphia-area home by his mother's boyfriend on Sunday.
Authorities have been searching sites in York and Lancaster counties for the baby, Hamza Ali. That follows the arrest of Ummad Rushdi, the boyfriend of the child's mother, at their home in the York suburbs Wednesday.
Police say the three had been visiting family in Upper Darby. An affidavit says Rushdi told a witness he killed the crying child by shaking him and then buried him in an undisclosed location.
Upper Darby Township Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said Friday police found some forensic evidence near a site in Lancaster County where Rushdi's car was found earlier.
He declined to say what the evidence was.
Rushdi's being held on kidnapping and other charges.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, upper darby, baby death, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
2 min ago