Police resume search for missing 7-month-old Hamza Ali
UPPER DARBY - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they've found some forensic evidence as they search for a 7-month-old boy kidnapped from a Philadelphia-area home by his mother's boyfriend on Sunday.
Authorities have been searching sites in York and Lancaster counties for the baby, Hamza Ali. That follows the arrest of Ummad Rushdi, the boyfriend of the child's mother, at their home in the York suburbs Wednesday.
Police say the three had been visiting family in Upper Darby. An affidavit says Rushdi told a witness he killed the crying child by shaking him and then buried him in an undisclosed location.
Upper Darby Township Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said Friday police found some forensic evidence near a site in Lancaster County where Rushdi's car was found earlier.
He declined to say what the evidence was.
Rushdi's being held on kidnapping and other charges.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, upper darby, baby death, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 56 min ago