Police resume search for missing 7-month-old Hamza Ali
UPPER DARBY - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they've found some forensic evidence as they search for a 7-month-old boy kidnapped from a Philadelphia-area home by his mother's boyfriend on Sunday.
Authorities have been searching sites in York and Lancaster counties for the baby, Hamza Ali. That follows the arrest of Ummad Rushdi, the boyfriend of the child's mother, at their home in the York suburbs Wednesday.
Police say the three had been visiting family in Upper Darby. An affidavit says Rushdi told a witness he killed the crying child by shaking him and then buried him in an undisclosed location.
Upper Darby Township Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said Friday police found some forensic evidence near a site in Lancaster County where Rushdi's car was found earlier.
He declined to say what the evidence was.
Rushdi's being held on kidnapping and other charges.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, upper darby, baby death, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 56 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos