Skimming devices found on New Castle gas pumps
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are warning drivers after skimming devices were found on gas station pumps in New Castle.
The devices were found on Friday morning at the Hess Station at 506 North DuPont Highway by inspectors from the Weights and Measures Section of the Delaware Department of Agriculture.
They notified state police who arrived to remove the devices.
Skimming devices are designed to steal information from credit cards used at the pumps. Police say they do not yet know if any information was successfully stolen.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Troop 2 Financial Crimes Unit at 302-834-2630 extension 212.
delaware news, new castle county news, fraud, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos