Skimming devices found on New Castle gas pumps
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are warning drivers after skimming devices were found on gas station pumps in New Castle.
The devices were found on Friday morning at the Hess Station at 506 North DuPont Highway by inspectors from the Weights and Measures Section of the Delaware Department of Agriculture.
They notified state police who arrived to remove the devices.
Skimming devices are designed to steal information from credit cards used at the pumps. Police say they do not yet know if any information was successfully stolen.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Troop 2 Financial Crimes Unit at 302-834-2630 extension 212.
delaware news, new castle county news, fraud, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 10 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 6 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
10 min ago