Driver charged with DUI in head-on crash in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 24-year-old driver has been charged with a DUI after a head-on crash in the city's Pennypack Park section early Saturday morning, police say.
The two vehicle crash happened around midnight in the 3200 block of Rhawn Street.
Authorities say the driver of an SUV crossed over the center line and struck a Honda Element head-on.
The impact of the crash, trapped a 50-year-old driver and a 77-year-old passenger inside the Honda.
They were both taken by ambulance to Aria-Torresdale Hospital and are listed in serious condition.
The 24-year-old driver was taken to Einstein Hospital and is in good condition.
Police told Action News he has been charged with driving under the influence.
accident, DUI, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ