Driver charged with DUI in head-on crash in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 24-year-old driver has been charged with a DUI after a head-on crash in the city's Pennypack Park section early Saturday morning, police say.
The two vehicle crash happened around midnight in the 3200 block of Rhawn Street.
Authorities say the driver of an SUV crossed over the center line and struck a Honda Element head-on.
The impact of the crash, trapped a 50-year-old driver and a 77-year-old passenger inside the Honda.
They were both taken by ambulance to Aria-Torresdale Hospital and are listed in serious condition.
The 24-year-old driver was taken to Einstein Hospital and is in good condition.
Police told Action News he has been charged with driving under the influence.
accident, DUI, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police