Driver charged with DUI in head-on crash in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 24-year-old driver has been charged with a DUI after a head-on crash in the city's Pennypack Park section early Saturday morning, police say.
The two vehicle crash happened around midnight in the 3200 block of Rhawn Street.
Authorities say the driver of an SUV crossed over the center line and struck a Honda Element head-on.
The impact of the crash, trapped a 50-year-old driver and a 77-year-old passenger inside the Honda.
They were both taken by ambulance to Aria-Torresdale Hospital and are listed in serious condition.
The 24-year-old driver was taken to Einstein Hospital and is in good condition.
Police told Action News he has been charged with driving under the influence.
accident, DUI, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia 26 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash 42 min ago
- Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
25 min ago