Bucks Co. firefighters say farewell to beloved firehouse dog
BENSALEM, Pa. - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's an emotional weekend for firefighters in Buck County as their beloved firehouse dog will be put down.
Smokey has been a member of the Nottingham Fire Department for 13 years. He will put down due to old age and lingering health problems.
Officials say he was always an active part of Fire Prevention Week, even helping teach children the proper way to stop, drop and roll.
Firefighters offered up one final farewell with a steak dinner Saturday before Smokey's last trip to the vet.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, animals, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man