Postal truck fire in New Castle County
EDGEMOOR, Del. - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are investigating a blaze that damaged a postal truck in New Castle County, Delaware.
It happened around 11:30 Saturday morning at the Edgemoor Post Office on the 4900 block of Governor Printz Boulevard.
The flames were confined to the truck, but as a precaution the post office was evacuated.
The fire was brought under control within 15 minutes.
No injuries were reported and there was no damage to mail. Several parked cars sustained damage from debris.
A cause for the fire is still under investigation.
delaware news, new castle county news, fire, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed