Crimefighters: Reward offered in Camden fire, homicide
CAMDEN, N.J. - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman living a troubled life met a tragic end in Camden and now her family is coming forward looking for answers.
Rhonda Scott's family speaks fondly about her.
"Funny, loved to party, loved her family, definitely loved her children," said Keisha Morrison, sister.
However they also aren't in denial about who she was.
"I know she was out probably getting high and something went wrong," said Morrison.
Her sister is referring to the events of Friday February 9th.
Scott's body was discovered in an abandoned house on the 1700 block of Tioga Street just before 5 p.m.
The body of the 38-year-old had been severely burned and stabbed multiple times.
Investigators have released surveillance photos of people, who they say, used Scott's state benefits card to make purchases at area stores.
Authorities are awaiting test results for other possible leads.
"We are waiting on some DNA samples to come back from the New Jersey State Police lab," said Peter Longo, Camden County Prosecutor's Unit.
Meanwhile the family hopes money will get someone to come forward.
We always knew that we would lose her to the streets but not like that because nobody deserves to die like that," said Morrison.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS (8477).
new jersey news, camden county news, camden, fire, homicide, local/state, rick williams
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 21 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 2 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 29 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 17 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 23 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
21 min ago