Safe, cash stolen from Northern Liberties bar
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - August 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the two men who stole a safe along with cash from a bar in Northern Liberties.
It happened at 3:55 a.m. Friday at The Abbaye Bar and Restaurant at 637 North 3rd Street.
Police say the suspects forced open a first floor window to get inside.
Surveillance video shows the men working inside the bar before grabbing cash from a small lock box.
The video then shows the pair walking out of the building with a safe, which turned out to be empty.
The video also shows some passersby on the street while the men walk away with the safe.
The men then fled north on 3rd Street from Fairmount Avenue in white pickup truck.
The suspects are described by police as:
Suspect #1: White male, 30 years-of-age, short beard, 5'10"-6'0" tall, thin build, wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and a light colored baseball cap.
Suspect #2: White male, 30 years-of-age, 5'8"-5'10" tall, heavy build, wearing a white sleeveless t-shirt, blue jean shorts, black sneakers and a light colored baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, northern liberties, burglary, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 46 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 14 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 17 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...