Youth wrestling coach from Hatboro arrested for child porn
HATBORO, Pa. - August 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Hatboro man, who works as a wrestling coach for both a high school and a youth team, has been arrested on child pornography charges.
Thomas Scott Porter was arrested on Wednesday after the Montgomery County Detective Bureau acted on a tip from the Department of Homeland Security.
The investigation began in October, 2012, after the Homeland Security Child Exploitation Unit located a computer in Hatboro that was participating in the distribution of child pornography.
They obtained a specific email address and allegedly determined that Porter was the owner of that email address.
Detectives met with Porter, who allegedly admitted to viewing images of child pornography.
The investigation revealed 50 images of child pornography on Porter's desktop and laptop computers, county investigators said.
Porter is a coach for Neshaminy High School and the Southeastern Pennsylvania Wrestling Team (SEPA), which has practice facilities in Montgomery, Bucks and Chester counties.
Porter was arraigned on Thursday and was being held on $50,000 cash bail.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, child porn, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 40 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014