Child among dead in Pitman murder-suicide
PITMAN, N.J. - August 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office and the Pitman Police Department are investigating what appears to be a murder-suicide.
Police say the deceased man, woman and child have been identified as 49-year-old Francis Adolf, his wife 44-year-old Bonnie Adolf and their child 6-year-old Francis Adolf Jr.
Pitman Police Department officers found the bodies shortly after 10:00 a.m. Tuesday in the home on Kenton Avenue.
Autopsies on the three to determine the cause and manner of death are pending.
Police say Francis Adolf left writings indicating he intended to harm himself and family members.
There was no reported domestic violence history between the Adolfs.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, homicide, suicide, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 34 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose