Child among dead in Pitman murder-suicide
PITMAN, N.J. - August 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office and the Pitman Police Department are investigating what appears to be a murder-suicide.
Police say the deceased man, woman and child have been identified as 49-year-old Francis Adolf, his wife 44-year-old Bonnie Adolf and their child 6-year-old Francis Adolf Jr.
Pitman Police Department officers found the bodies shortly after 10:00 a.m. Tuesday in the home on Kenton Avenue.
Autopsies on the three to determine the cause and manner of death are pending.
Police say Francis Adolf left writings indicating he intended to harm himself and family members.
There was no reported domestic violence history between the Adolfs.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, homicide, suicide, local/state
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks 21 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 53 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 58 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom...
21 min ago