5 hospitalized after shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say five people were wounded and hospitalized after being shot in Southwest Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
The incident happened just before 10:00 p.m. in the 1100 block of Divinity Street.
Police rushed to the scene after a reports that gunshots were fired.
They say four people were shot and a fifth person shot himself when officers approached him.
All five victims were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
27 shell casings were found at the scene and so far, no arrests have been made.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 29 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 22 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 28 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 26 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
21 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
29 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos