Stolen SUV crashes into police car in University City
UNIVERSITY CITY - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the man who crashed a stolen SUV into an unmarked police car Wednesday morning.
The crash happened at about 6:15 a.m. in the area of 39th Street and Lancaster Avenue in the Philadelphia's University City section.
According to police, the suspect stole a Dodge Durango from the front of a donut shop on Lancaster Avenue. He fled in the vehicle down Lancaster Avenue to Spring Garden Street where he made a right turn, striking an unmarked police car parked across the street from the 16th police district.
Police are searching for a heavy set man in a blue shirt with white writing on it.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
university city, philadelphia, accident, theft, police, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 7 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 26 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 30 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive