Stolen SUV crashes into police car in University City
UNIVERSITY CITY - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the man who crashed a stolen SUV into an unmarked police car Wednesday morning.
The crash happened at about 6:15 a.m. in the area of 39th Street and Lancaster Avenue in the Philadelphia's University City section.
According to police, the suspect stole a Dodge Durango from the front of a donut shop on Lancaster Avenue. He fled in the vehicle down Lancaster Avenue to Spring Garden Street where he made a right turn, striking an unmarked police car parked across the street from the 16th police district.
Police are searching for a heavy set man in a blue shirt with white writing on it.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
university city, philadelphia, accident, theft, police, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 33 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 23 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more