Police: Bucks County woman poked, squeezed elderly relative
LEVITTOWN, Pa. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania woman has been jailed on charges she abused an elderly female relative by poking the woman in the eyes and squeezing the woman so hard around the rib cage that she was bruised and unable to move for days.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 49-year-old Patricia Ann Fitzgerald, of Falls Township, Bucks County.
The Bucks County Courier-Times reports the incident happened July 19, but Fitzgerald wasn't arraigned on aggravated assault and other charges until Tuesday, because police had to investigate the older woman's claims.
Police say the alleged victim waited three days to report the attack because she couldn't move due to the injuries, which left her with severe bruises on her ribs, scratches on her back, and severely swollen eyes.
Fitzgerald faces a preliminary hearing Sept. 4.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
bucks county news, pennsylvania news, abuse, elder abuse, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 30 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 55 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 47 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ