NJ man charged with kidnapping, raping Lehigh Co. woman
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man has been arraigned and jailed on charges that he kidnapped and raped an eastern Pennsylvania woman last month.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 21-year-old Fredrick Hernandez, of Garfield, N.J. who is accused of assaulting and abducting the woman at her Bethlehem apartment on July 25. He was arrested the next day and had been held in the Bergen County, N.J. jail until he was brought to Pennsylvania Tuesday to be arraigned.
The (Easton) Express-Times reports Hernandez is charged with kidnapping, rape, unlawful restraint and other crimes and remained in the Northampton County Prison unable to post $500,000 bond on Wednesday.
Police say Hernandez held the woman and her 11-month-old child captive.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
lehigh county news, bethlehem news, pennsylvania news, new jersey news, rape, kidnapping, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ