NJ man charged with kidnapping, raping Lehigh Co. woman
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man has been arraigned and jailed on charges that he kidnapped and raped an eastern Pennsylvania woman last month.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 21-year-old Fredrick Hernandez, of Garfield, N.J. who is accused of assaulting and abducting the woman at her Bethlehem apartment on July 25. He was arrested the next day and had been held in the Bergen County, N.J. jail until he was brought to Pennsylvania Tuesday to be arraigned.
The (Easton) Express-Times reports Hernandez is charged with kidnapping, rape, unlawful restraint and other crimes and remained in the Northampton County Prison unable to post $500,000 bond on Wednesday.
Police say Hernandez held the woman and her 11-month-old child captive.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
lehigh county news, bethlehem news, pennsylvania news, new jersey news, rape, kidnapping, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 2 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...