Arrest in robbery of woman, 81, in Center City
CENTER CITY - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have charged a man with robbing an 81-year-old woman in Center City.
Charles Jennings, 34, of the 1500 block of Dickinson Street, was arrested on Tuesday for the incident last month.
Investigators say it was around 1:00 p.m. on July 17th when the victim cashed a check in the 1100 block of South Broad Street.
Police say Jennings followed the victim out of the building to the 1300 block of South Juniper Street.
There, police say, Jennings grabbed the woman, threw her to the ground and stole the wallet that was hanging from her neck.
Shortly after the crime, police released surveillance video to the media which led to several tips Jennings' arrest.
Jennings is charged with robbery and related offenses.
philadelphia, center city, robbery, theft, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)