Shovel taken from home amid missing baby search
YORK, Pa. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say in a new court filing they took a small shovel, two pickaxes and computer equipment during a search of the home of a man accused of kidnapping a missing 7-month-old boy.
The inventory of 30 seized items was produced by York Area Regional Police after a Tuesday afternoon search of the suburban York home where 30-year-old Ummad Rushdi lives.
Rushdi is jailed on $750,000 bail, on charges he kidnapped Hamza Ali from a Philadelphia area home earlier this month. He was the child's mother's boyfriend.
Police haven't been able to find the boy, and they say Rushdi told his brother Jawwad Rushdi that he shook the child to death and then buried him somewhere.
A call to a lawyer listed as representing Ummad Rushdi wasn't returned Wednesday morning.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, upper darby, baby death, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 2 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 12 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
20 min ago