Shovel taken from home amid missing baby search
YORK, Pa. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say in a new court filing they took a small shovel, two pickaxes and computer equipment during a search of the home of a man accused of kidnapping a missing 7-month-old boy.
The inventory of 30 seized items was produced by York Area Regional Police after a Tuesday afternoon search of the suburban York home where 30-year-old Ummad Rushdi lives.
Rushdi is jailed on $750,000 bail, on charges he kidnapped Hamza Ali from a Philadelphia area home earlier this month. He was the child's mother's boyfriend.
Police haven't been able to find the boy, and they say Rushdi told his brother Jawwad Rushdi that he shook the child to death and then buried him somewhere.
A call to a lawyer listed as representing Ummad Rushdi wasn't returned Wednesday morning.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, upper darby, baby death, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 36 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ