Girl, 8, held up at knifepoint in Reading, Pa.
READING, Pa. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been jailed on charges that he tried to rob an 8-year-old girl who was on her way to buy vegetables at an eastern Pennsylvania market with $5 from her grandmother.
WFMZ-TV reports that Reading police say the girl was sent to buy carrots for some beef stew when Jackenzy Pierre confronted her at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say he had a six-inch kitchen knife and said, "Give me all your money."
Instead, the girl ran home and later identified Pierre as her attacker.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Pierre, who is 18.
He faces a preliminary hearing Aug. 23 on charges including threat of robbery, terroristic threats and harassment.
Reading police say recently moved to the city from Haiti.
Information from: WFMZ-TV
pennsylvania news, reading, robbery, local/state
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 41 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 39 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 21 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 25 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 6 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos