Body found in Tredyffrin Twp. matches description of missing Paoli woman
PAOLI, Pa. - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Search teams looking for a missing Paoli woman have found the body of a woman matching her description.
Tredyffrin Township Police located the body Wednesday afternoon at the Westlakes quarry site near 1001 Chesterbrook Boulevard.
They say the body is that of an Asian woman with clothes matching those of Irene Chen, who went missing last week.
Police say the case remains under investigation, pending the formal identification of the body by the Chester County Coroner's Office.
Chen, 53, was last seen around 7:00 p.m. on August 6th at her home on Justin Lane in Paoli.
In a news release issued Wednesday afternoon, police described Chen as "missing and endangered."
She is described as an Asian female standing 5'5" tall and weighing 110 lbs. She has black hair and brown eyes with no identifiable scars, marks or tattoos.
She was last seen wearing a grey Penn State sweatshirt and shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Michael Carsello, 610-408-3670 (desk) or 610-636-5681(cell).
pennsylvania news, chester county news, missing person, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 30 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos