Fire injures 2 women in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Several people were trapped inside a building as it burned in Southwest Philadelphia Wednesday night.
A man and a woman were forced to jump from a second floor window.
Firefighters went door to door to rescue several other people from their apartments inside the New Horizons Housing building at 48th and Trinity Place.
The Red Cross says 28 people were displaced by the fire, while the Red Paw organization says it's taking care of at least 12 pets, mostly cats.
Two women are in the hospital.
Firefighters have not determined the cause yet.
Investigators say the blaze may have been intentionally set.
philadelphia, fire, southwest philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 46 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 56 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 17 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
46 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos