Ambulance crashes into building in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - August 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- An ambulance crashed into a building in West Philadelphia Thursday morning.
The accident happened shortly before 6:00 a.m. at the intersection of 52nd and Chestnut Streets.
The building the ambulance crashed into is a Philadelphia Gas Works service center.
A woman in her 60s was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There is no word on what caused the ambulance driver to lose control.
west philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 54 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 36 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
54 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
36 min ago